Position: Assistant Scientist / Associate Scientist I (multiple positions)
Function: Discovery Research
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
We are looking for Assistant Scientists / Associate Scientists to join our discovery research teams. This position is intended for someone with a bachelor’s degree in biology/biochemistry or a related area and will work at our R&D site in San Diego, CA. He or she should have basic or intermediate training and knowledge in biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology or a related field. The candidate will have opportunities to learn and be trained in a laboratory to support a wide range of ongoing projects. Some understanding in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell culture, or purification of recombinant proteins is required. Laboratory experience is preferred. The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on discovery projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within the company.
- Perform routine tissue culture and mammalian cell transfections.
- Recombinant protein expression and purification.
- Routine molecular biology (PCR, gel electrophoresis, and DNA preps).
- Run enzyme and cell-based assays and routine analytic chemistry/biology assays.
- Process and report data and assist in generating study reports.
- Help organize the lab with reagent ordering, inventory management, and other daily lab routines.
- A completed BS/MS in chemistry, biology, chemical biology, biochemistry, biochemical/biomedical engineering, or related fields with 0-3 years of experience and a passion for science and biotechnology. Fresh college graduates with lab experience are encouraged to
- Able to perform hands-on experiments with attention to detail.
- Able to maintain and organize detailed documentation.
- Prior lab or work experience is preferred. Experience in tissue culture, mammalian cell transfection, protein purification, ELISA, flow cytometry, HPLC/LCMS, and/or functional assays is a plus.
- Experience with common molecular biology techniques is preferred, especially molecular cloning and DNA preparation.
- Motivated to learn and produce results.
- Able to contribute meaningfully to scientific discourse, and able to collaborate proficiently with colleagues.