Position: Associate Director
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in innovative drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation for the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent healthcare benefits.
This position is in the operations function and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. The candidate will report to the site head (CSO) and independently manage all aspects of company operations.
The candidate should have prior exposure to operation activities in the biotech industry. The candidate must be a team player, willing to collaborate with other members within the company and communicate with vendors and contractors to facilitate seamless operations.
- The candidate should have prior experience in operations of a biotech company and understand the operations need of an expanding biotech company.
- The candidate should be a proactive team player, take initiatives to formulate and implement operational policies, improve company efficiency, support the management and the R&D team and become the go-to person for operational issues.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skillset.
- Manage facility, data security, equipment maintenance and inventories to ensure smooth and safe R&D operation of the San Diego site.
- Manage venders, suppliers and contractors.
- Manage company regular financial activities including accounting, budgeting, reporting, tax filing and auditing.
- Work with HR firm to manage compliance, employee training and employee benefits.
- Support the management in coordinating the operational aspects of external partnerships and study sites as needed.
- Other operation related activities.
- BS degree or above.
- At least one year experience in operations of a biotech company.
- Experience in management skills is required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.