Position: Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Business Development
Function: Business Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in innovative drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation for the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent healthcare benefits.
This position is in the business development function and will work on our facility in San Diego, CA. The candidate should be a scientist-turned BD person with solid training in biological sciences and/or broad experiences in biotech/pharma industry. The candidate will work independently to scout for both out-licensing and in-licensing opportunities. The candidate is expected to have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- The candidate should have prior scientific background in biotech or related areas with good understanding of the drug discovery process.
- This person is expected to work with the company’s management and scientific team to fully understand the key aspects of the pipeline and technologies, map out an outreach/out-licensing strategy, and then be fully responsible for the execution of the out-licensing strategy. The candidate will also be responsible for bringing external in-licensing opportunities for internal evaluation and act as business liaison for established partnerships.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skillset.
- Scan competition landscape and scout for out-licensing and in-licensing opportunities.
- Help coordinate the business aspects of external partnerships by working with the internal team and external partners.
- Present posters and/or give oral presentations in external conferences.
- PhD degree in a field of biological sciences.
- At least 2 years of research experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.