Position: Principal Scientist/Associate Director/Director, Cancer Immunology
Function: Preclinical Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in innovative drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation for the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent healthcare benefits.
This position is in the preclinical development function and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. The candidate, with solid training in immunology and broad knowledge in cancer immunology, is expected to be the scientific champion in the field of immuno-oncology. The candidate will work independently or lead a team to interrogate the biology of our lead molecules to provide robust scientific support for clinical design and to explore the biological basis for any intriguing clinical observations. In addition, the candidate is expected to be skillful in integrating data from various functions into self-explanatory presentations and to be articulate in explaining data to internal team and external collaborators.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on discovery projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within the company.
- The candidate should have prior scientific background in biotech or related areas with basic understanding of the drug discovery process.
- Leadership skills in managing internal and external projects are required. This person is expected to directly work with the company CSO to monitor project progression and supervise project execution.
- Compensation and job title will be commensurate with experience and skillset.
- Design and conduct in vitro and in vivo studies to determine the MOA to support preclinical and clinical development of lead molecules.
- Interpret experimental data and generate study reports.
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality results.
- Coordinate with external collaborators as a scientific leader.
- Present posters and/or give oral presentations in internal meetings and external scientific conferences.
- PhD degree in a field of biological sciences.
- 2-5 years of research experience after post-doc training with demonstrated productivity in the field of immunology.
- Experience in management skills is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.