Position: Director - Business Development
Function: Business Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
This position is in the business development function and will work on our R&D facility in San Diego, CA. The candidate should have solid understanding of biological sciences and/or have broad experience in biotech/pharma industry. The candidate will work independently to scout for out-licensing and corporate partnership opportunities. The candidate is expected to have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- The candidate should have prior scientific background in biotech or related areas with good understanding of the drug discovery and development process.
- This person is expected to work with the company’s management and scientific teams to fully understand the key aspects of the pipeline and technologies, map out an outreach/out-licensing strategy, and then be fully responsible for the execution of the out-licensing strategy. The candidate will also act as business liaison for established partnerships.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skillset.
- Scan competition landscape and scout for out-licensing and partnership opportunities.
- Help negotiate and form partnerships with biotech and pharma companies.
- Help coordinate the business aspects of external partnerships by working with the internal team and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of biological sciences.
- At least 2 years of work experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience of licensing and/or business transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are required.