Position: Finance manager
Function: Corporate Operations
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotech company focused on innovative discovery research and clinical development in oncology. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that inventive thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our team at our office in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate should have a good understanding of finance and accounting principles with skills and/or experience in developing operational budgets, coordinating financial auditing and tax filings with external accounting firms, managing financial statements, and implementing and maintaining internal controls. Beyond solid finance and accounting skills, the candidate should have the curiosity and willingness to work collaboratively with other members of the organization to ensure corporate objectives are met.
The candidate must be able to work as a team player in a matrixed organization and have a “can do” attitude to support company management and cross functional colleagues in finance and other operational work. The compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and skillset.
- Accounting, maintaining, and updating company financial statements.
- Develop, monitor, and update operational budgets; support management decisions with financial data.
- Monitor and track company cash flows and make recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
- Help coordinate audit and tax filing activities with external accounting firm.
- Implement and maintain internal controls and be able to train cross-functional colleagues on the company’s policies and procedures.
- Review, analyze, and make recommendations on proposals for expenditures e.g., service or clinical contracts.
- Analyze operational data and make recommendations of financial efficiency to management.
- Develop financial models and productivity tools to help make responsible financial decisions.
- Manage projects that are critical to achieving the corporate objectives of the Company.
- Ad hoc analyses as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with 2+ years of working experience; CPA is preferred.
- Operational experience in a biotech setting is a plus.
- Experience with accounting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites; advanced Excel a plus.
- Ability to present complicated topics to senior leaders
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Alignment with Phanes’ culture and values.