Position: Finance manager
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
We are looking for a finance manager to join our operations team at our R&D site in San Diego, CA. The candidate should have basic training in finance with good skills and/or experience in developing operational budgets, coordinating financial auditing and tax filings with external accounting firms, and managing financial statements. The candidate should have some knowledge in human resources (HR) activities to help coordinate HR activities with an external HR firm.
The candidate must be a team player and support company management in finance and other operational work. The compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and skillset.
- Accounting, maintaining, and updating company financial statements.
- Develop, monitor, and update operational budgets; support management decisions with financial data.
- Monitor and track company cash flows and make recommendations to improve operational efficiency.
- Help coordinate audit and tax filing activities with external accounting firm.
- Help coordinate HR activities with external HR firm.
- Analyze operational data and make recommendations of financial efficiency to management.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance with 2+ years of working experience; CPA is preferred.
- Operational experience in a biotech setting is a plus.
- Good analytical and presentation skills.