Position: Manager/Sr. Manager - Project Management
Function: Project Management
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
This position is in the Project Management area and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. He or she should have basic training and knowledge in project management in the area of drug discovery and development.
- The individual is responsible for coordinating internal and external project activities with respect to project goals, project plans, project timelines and regular project reviews. The candidate is expected to work closely with study leaders to draft study timelines, develop milestones and plan deliverables. He or she will organize meetings with internal and external stakeholders to provide project updates, identify key issues and follow up on action items. The candidate is also responsible for other operational aspects of research programs depending on project needs.
- The candidate should have project management experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Relevant experience in academia will be also considered.
- The candidate should have some scientific background in biotech or related areas with basic understanding of the drug discovery or academic research process.
- Leadership skills in managing internal and external projects are required. This person is expected to directly work with project teams to monitor project progression and supervise project execution.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skillset.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work closely with other scientific and technical personnel and the management team.
- Proactively drive project advancement by working with internal and external project teams.
- Track project progression by formulating project timelines, summarizing and following up on action items, manage relationships with team members in different functional areas to promote alignment of strategy, resource and execution.
- Organize project teams to draft and/or review study SOPs and reports.
- Coordinate with CROs as needed to ensure smooth execution of external studies.
- Ensure timely delivery of milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a field of biological science. Prior project management experience in related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry. Candidates with biopharma research experience with some understanding of project management are encouraged to apply. Understanding of regulatory requirements for IND submission is a plus.
- Capable of conducting detail-oriented, proactive and hands-on project management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.