Position: Medical Director - Oncology (Solid Tumors)
Function: Clinical Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where one can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
This position is in the clinical development function and will work at our research site in San Diego, CA. The candidate should have extensive training in Oncology, especially in solid tumors. The Medical Director will lead the clinical direction, planning, execution, and interpretation of clinical trials of one or more oncology early clinical development programs.
- Lead the development, execution, and communication of the clinical development plan.
- Author clinical trial protocols from concept to execution, in close collaboration with Academic and/or CRO study sites.
- Participate in the identification and selection of appropriate external investigators and sites.
- Execute clinical trial start-up and support medical/safety monitoring during trial conduct.
- Author clinical study reports, publications and regulatory submissions and participate in regulatory agency interactions.
- Develop key opinion leaders and make scientific presentation at advisory boards, key scientific meetings, and external committee meetings.
- Support in-licensing and out-licensing activities as needed.
- MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school plus residency in Oncology.
- Clinical background in the care of patients with solid tumors is required.
- 4+ years of clinical research experience combined with clinical teaching and patient care activities. In depth understanding of clinical trial design, including biostatistics.
- Clinical research experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO company). Experience in developing immuno-oncology molecules preferred.
- Experience in leading clinical study teams, monitoring overall study integrity, and review, interpretation, and communication of accumulating data pertaining to safety and efficacy of study molecules.
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), FDA and EMEA/CHMP regulations and guidelines, and applicable international regulatory requirements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to convey complex medical/clinical concepts clearly and coordinate with external collaborators as a scientific leader.
- Confidence and ability to present to and influence senior leaders.
- Ability to critically analyze problems and provide creative solutions.
- Confidence and discipline to work autonomously.
- Present posters and/or give oral presentations in internal meetings and external scientific conferences.