Position: Lab/Office Operation Assistant/Associate
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
We are looking for a lab and office operations assistant or associate to join our operations team at our R&D site in San Diego, CA. The candidate should have basic training and knowledge in laboratory safety and operations in a biotech or lab setting. The candidate should also have good skills and/or experience in managing and organizing lab and office supplies, placing and tracking purchase orders under supervision, and supporting other operational aspects in laboratory and office environments.
The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with the scientific staff in coordinating supply management. The compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and skillset.
- Maintain lab operations by receiving packages, verifying packing slips, and distributing packages.
- Maintain supplies by checking stock regularly to track and manage inventory levels; support the scientific staff by meeting their supply needs, placing and expediting orders, and stocking items to meet experimental needs.
- Supervise equipment maintenance by coordinating checkups and repairs; maintain and manage equipment operation logs.
- Maintain EHS compliance and conduct lab safety training.
- Coordinate lab cleaning and hazardous waste disposal.
- Help with other operational aspects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s or associate degree with some lab experience.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Strong work ethic, common sense, and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive in identifying gaps in lab and office operations and seeking solutions.