Position: Scientist, Cell Line and Upstream Process Development
Function: Process Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in innovative drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation for the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent healthcare benefits.
This position is in the cell line and upstream process development group and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. This position will play an integral role in cell line development, characterization and optimization of cell culture process for recombinant protein expression and process transfer to manufacturing to support IND submission.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with expertise in both molecular and cellular biology. It is essential that the candidate has knowledge and experience of general cell techniques, including transfection, selection, cloning and sub-cloning and small-scale recombinant protein production. Prior experience with CHO cells is a plus. The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on discovery projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within the company.
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments under manager’s supervision.
- Development, characterization and optimization of cell culture process protocols.
- Collect and quantitatively analyze data. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and ensure that experiments are well documented.
- General lab tasks including ordering, organizing, and instrument maintenance.
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality results.
- PhD degree in a field of biological sciences.
- Hands on experience with mammalian cell culture is required.
- Understanding of process development and GMP is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.