Position: Scientist/Senior Scientist
Function: Cell Biology
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics, Inc. is a biotech company focused on discovery and development of therapies for grievous diseases, including metabolic complications and oncology. The company is built for scientific innovation and we welcome people with motivation and passion to join us to discover new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, team work, and integrity are key values to build success. Our mission is to relentlessly seek scientific and technological solutions to improve the lives of patients through creative work.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we need the most talented people to accomplish our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and good healthcare benefits.
This position is in discovery biology and will work on our research site in San Diego, CA. The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on discovery projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within and outside the company.
- Research and develop novel therapeutic strategies in the field of oncology
- Develop and perform assays to access the intracellular signaling and functionality of immune cells
- Direct interns and assistant/associate scientists
- Coordinate external studies and activities
- Ph.D. degree in cell biology or related field is required
- Strong scientific knowledge of signal transduction in mammalian cells and expertise in cell biology and molecular biology.
- Experience in immunology is preferred
- Productivity demonstrated by strong publication records
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Must be a good team player