Position: Senior Scientist I or II – Analytical Science
Function: Process Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
We are looking for Senior Scientists to join our process development (PD) group at our R&D site in San Diego, CA. This position will focus on developing and running analytical methods to support process development of monoclonal and bispecific antibodies as well as method transfer to CDMOs for clinical material manufacturing.
- Perform analytical experiments to support cell line development, cell culture processes, and protein purification process development
- Work closely with other team members in the PD group to ensure timely delivery of high-quality analytical methods and results.
- Responsible for identifying and developing analytical methods to support PD activities.
- Manage and perform in-process and release assays.
- Lead and drive formulation and stability studies of in-house tox and/or other protein production batches.
- Analytical method transfer to CDMOs.
- Author analytical method SOPs, protocols, and development reports, including for regulatory submissions.
- Keep up with the state of the art and establish certain analytical methods in the company as applicable/necessary.
- Train and supervise associate scientists.
- PhD with 0-2 years of experience in analytical science MS with 5+ years in analytical development/QC in the biotech/pharma industry. Fresh PhD graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Hands-on experience with analytical methods for large molecules, including but not limited to HPLC (SEC, HIC, and RP), CE-SDS, cIEF, and ELISA based assays. Experience with qPCR is a plus.
- Capable of developing new analytical methods and improving and troubleshooting existing methods.
- Experience in managing and executing stability/formulation studies for large molecules.
- Willing to learn analytical requirements for regulatory submissions.
- Capable of multi-tasking; must be a good team player.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.