Position: Senior Scientist I or II – Cell Line and Upstream Process Development
Function: Process Development
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with expertise in both molecular and cellular biology to join our cell line and upstream process development group at our R&D site in San Diego, CA. This position will play an integral role in cell line development, optimization of cell culture process for recombinant protein production, and technology transfer to manufacturing to support IND submission. It is essential that the candidate has knowledge and experience in general cell biology techniques, including DNA transfection, cloning and sub-cloning of cell lines, and small-scale recombinant protein production, especially using CHO cells. The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on research projects. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within the company.
- Plan and execute experiments involving small and large-scale cell cultures in bioreactors for protein production.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in small and large-scale cell cultures using bioreactors.
- Carry out development and optimization of cell culture processes.
- Collect and quantitatively analyze data. Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols; ensure experiments are well documented.
- Perform other general lab tasks including ordering, organizing, and instrument maintenance.
- Ensure timely delivery of high-quality results.
- PhD in a biological sciences field with 0-2 years of experience. Fresh PhD graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture is required. Significant experience in the shaker flask suspension culture format or larger scale is preferred.
- Understanding of process development and GMP is a plus.
- Good oral and written communication skills are required.