Position: Senior Scientist I or II
Function: Discovery Research
Company: Phanes Therapeutics, Inc.
Location: San Diego, CA
Phanes Therapeutics is an emerging leader in drug discovery in immuno-oncology and eye disease. We are looking for motivated and passionate people to join us to help discover and develop new medicines and improve healthcare. We believe that innovative thinking, seamless execution, teamwork, and integrity are key values for building success. Our mission is to become a major source of innovation in the biotech and pharma industry.
At Phanes, we understand that scientific innovation is a challenging task and that’s why we are looking for exceptionally talented people to join us on our mission. We are committed to fostering an innovative and fun working environment where scientists can pursue creative ideas and deliver results, because we know that our success depends on how to realize the true potential of our people. We offer competitive compensation and excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, and excellent career growth opportunities.
We are looking for Senior Scientists to join our discovery biology groups at our R&D site in San Diego, CA. The candidate must be a team player and is expected to work with other scientific staff on ongoing and new projects focused on the discovery and development of monoclonal and bispecific antibodies. The candidate should have experience or knowledge in protein expression using CHO cells, protein purification, ELISA, and cell-based assays. Experience with common analytical equipment (i.e. LCMS), and in target discovery and validation in oncology is a plus. This person must be willing to collaborate and communicate with other team members within and outside the company.
- Research and develop novel therapeutic strategies in the field of oncology.
- Develop and perform assays to access the intracellular signaling and functionality of immune cells.
- Manage interns, research associates, and associate scientists.
- Coordinate external studies and activities.
- Summarize and present experimental and literature findings internally or externally.
- D. degree in cell biology or related field, with 0-3 years of postdoctoral experience. Fresh PhD graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong scientific knowledge of cancer biology and/or protein engineering.
- Experience in immunology is a plus.
- Experience in tissue culture, assay development, protein engineering, and recombinant protein expression.
- Productivity demonstrated by strong publication records.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must be a good team player.